Frey is transported from New York to Athia without consent when she puts on the highly shiny Cuff from Forspoken. Now she must adapt to the many alterations her new cultural surroundings necessitate.
Frey spends most of the game feverishly trying to find a way out of Athia because it is nothing like her home country. The landforms, buildings, fashion, and currency are all distinct from those of New York.
Poppets and Old Coins are the two primary forms of currency in Athia. The former can be traded at the Book Store for information, while the latter can be used at the Trading Spot in Forspoken to purchase items like cloaks, nuggets, and Bumbershoot.
Find Out How to Harness the Power of Poppets and Old Coins in Forspoken
Forspoken PS5‘s specialty shops—the Trading Spot, Book Shop, Curiosity Shop, and Kitty Gift Shop—accept Poppets and Old Coins as payment. Players won’t be able to trade between these two Athian currencies until the fourth chapter.
This is because Olevia does not instruct Frey on creating and improving objects in Forspoken until Chapter 3. In the opening scene of Chapter 4, Pilo is standing in front of the Trading Spot and Book Shop.
A direction pointing toward an exchange indicates where you can find the Shops. However, when Frey reads through the chapters, their location shifts depending on the events occurring at that time.
Y’all are so ridiculous getting mad about the dialogue in forspoken. She’s a girl that hated her life in NYC and got issekai’d into a magical world. You fucking telling me you wouldn’t be acting like this too? You out your god damn mind.
— LegionzGaming (@LegionzGaming) January 23, 2023
Where To Use Poppets
In Forspoken, poppets are a valuable yet scarce commodity. You can use them to buy one-of-a-kind products at the Trading Spot, such as:
- Nugget: A lump of rare metal used to craft materials, like increasing the Medicine Pouch capacity.
- Palerine: A Cloak that may restore health when Frey lands a Crit hit on an enemy.
- Bumbershoot: A very rare mushroom used as a premium crafting material.
- Stranith: A Cloak that has the effect of decreasing adverse status effects on Frey, like poisoning.
Frey can only get the Poppets from Forspoken by following stray cats from Cipal City. To those that do, the cute kitties will drop a pouch containing a Poppet as a prize.
- New Forza Motorsport Game Gears Up for Xbox One Launch With a Twist
- GoldenEye 007 Returns: Now Available on Switch and Xbox, But With Room for Improvement
I guess $70 doesn't buy rock textures either #forspoken pic.twitter.com/nhiNMfuYNs
— FLEEKAZOID (@FLEEKAZOID) January 25, 2023
Where To Use Old Coins
Before the Split, Athia’s silver coins were much sought after due to their rarity and beauty. However, the coins have little value now that we have a cashless economy. Nevertheless, it can be traded in for books at the Book Shop or curiosities like:
- Gravity Lantern: Allows Frey to gather mana over a wider area.
- Comfy pillow: Grant the protagonist extra effects whenever she sleeps.
- Crafting Pot: Convert natural resources into other forms.
- Compass: Unlocks the Forge option, which allows Frey to gather items while camping.
- Sewing Kit: Grants the ability to craft new Necklaces and Cloaks in Forspoken.
Visit the Curiosity Shop in Forspoken by teleporting to the Inner Visoria Belfry Tower. The next step is to travel to the furthest west and find a modest timber dwelling. The protagonist will meet the Curio Collector in that location, who will trade his fascinating wares for Old Coins in Forspoken.
At the Kitty Gift Shop, you can purchase a Scratching Board, Cat Grass, Ball, Cookpot, and a Toy for Frey’s Familiars with your Old Coins. After the corruption in Cipal City in Chapter 7 of Forspoken, the Kitty Gift Shop arrives. Forspoken can be purchased for PS5 and PC.
Follow us on Twitter and Google News to get the most up-to-date info and headlines.