The first Switch firmware update of 2023 has been released by Nintendo, bringing the console to Version 16.0.0. The current version improves the user experience in general by making a little change to the way nicknames are handled, and it also includes the routine stability updates that have become standard in recent years.
We will revise this article when we have more information on the changes made behind the scenes. The complete patch notes may be found on Nintendo’s official support page.
- Steam Removes Citybuilder Game Amid DMCA Controversy
- Gotham Knights Game Sale: Save Big on the Latest Adventure!
Nintendo Switch System Update 16.0.0 Released February 20, 2023
- Unusable user nicknames can be changed to something else in the profile settings.
- Enhancements to the system’s overall stability for the benefit of end users.
Twitter user and data miner OatmealDome has revealed some new information regarding the most recent firmware update, which appears to have placed an emphasis on what he calls “the internals” of the operating system. Just so you know, here’s the breakdown:
Version 16.0.0 is out.
This update appears to be focused on the internals of the OS. The way the OS handles bad word checking was slightly redesigned. The code was moved into its own module seemingly to avoid unnecessary code duplication. The bad words database was also updated. Some rearranging has taken place and new words were added…Some system text was tweaked to fix typos and/or to improve phrasing.
The QR code in the header image for the “Got Questions About Nintendo Switch?” built-in news item for some regions was updated to use an HTTPS URL.
The HDMI logo in the legal notices section of System Settings was updated to remove the HDMI connector diagram.
And now, some internal stuff…
– The built-in browser was updated.
– New error messages were added.
– Nintendo has created a new certificate authority (“G4”). All existing Switch servers use certificates issued by Nintendo’s “G3” CA. (via @shutterbug20002)
- PlayStation Plus Game Catalog Lineup for February: The Quarry, Horizon Forbidden West, Resident Evil 7 Biohazard, Oninaki, And more
- Wild Hearts Gamepass: Where to Play Right Now?
Many OS modules were modified in this update. Changes can vary from simple recompiles with the latest SDK to actual modifications.
— Nintendo Life (@nintendolife) February 21, 2023
We hope you have found all the relevant information about the Experience Latest and Greatest with Nintendo Switch System Update 16.0.0. Keep in touch with us here for more latest news and information.
Frequently asked questions
Why is my Switch stuck on updating?
If the problem persists, try restarting the console and waiting for it to reconnect to the internet. Assuming you haven't launched any applications that could potentially halt the download, the download should begin shortly after you connect to the internet.
How long can a Nintendo Switch last at 100%?
Once charged, the console's battery life will vary by model and by the software program and features being used. A full charge can last anywhere from 2.5 to 6.5 hours on a Nintendo Switch (model number: HAC-001; product serial number starts with "XAW").