Fortnite is a popular online game that features three modes: Battle Royale, Save the World, and Creative. The game is constantly updated with new content and features to keep the players engaged and entertained. The latest update, version 28.01, was released on January 28, 2023, and brought some changes and improvements to the game.
Fortnite 28.01 Patch Notes
- Added a new weapon: the Flare Gun. This weapon can be found in chests, supply drops, and llamas. It has a magazine size of 6 and a reload time of 3 seconds. It fires flares that deal 60 damage to players and 200 damage to structures. The bursts also reveal nearby enemies on the map for a short duration.
- A new item was added: the Shield Potion. This item can be found in chests, supply drops, and llamas. It grants 50 shield points when consumed. It can be stacked up to 3 times in the inventory.
- Added a new vehicle: the Hoverboard. This vehicle can be found in garages and gas stations. It has a boost meter that recharges over time. It can perform tricks and stunts in the air. It can also be used to travel on water and lava.
- Added a new location: the Volcano. This location is located in the northeast corner of the map. It is a large mountain that erupts periodically, spewing lava and rocks. The lava can damage players and structures, while the stones can be mined for materials. The Volcano also has a secret base inside, where players can find loot and a jetpack.
- A new feature was added: the Reality Augments. These are special devices that can alter the physics and appearance of the game world. They can be found in chests, supply drops, and llamas. They have different effects, such as low gravity, inverted colors, pixelated graphics, and more. They can be activated by throwing them on the ground or attaching them to vehicles or structures. They last for a limited time and affect all players in the vicinity.
- She vaulted the following weapons and items: the Burst Assault Rifle, the Bolt-Action Sniper Rifle, the Grappler, the Boogie Bomb, and the Chiller Grenade.
- Unvaulted the following weapons and items: the Pump Shotgun, the Scoped Assault Rifle, the Shockwave Grenade, the Port-a-Fort, and the Slurp Juice.
Made some balance changes to the following weapons and items: the Hand Cannon, the Minigun, the Stink Bomb, the Dynamite, and the Bush.
- Fixed some bugs and glitches related to the Guided Missile, the Quadcrasher, the X-4 Stormwing, the Zipline, and the Snowman.
Save the World
- Added a new hero: the Ragnarok, the Dark Viking. This is a mythic outlander that has a unique ability called Seismic Impact, which unleashes a powerful shockwave that damages and stuns enemies in a cone.
- Added a new weapon: the Dragon’s Breath. This is a legendary pistol that fires explosive rounds that deal fire damage and leave behind a lingering flame.
- Added a new feature: the Horde Challenges. These are weekly challenges that test the players’ skills and reward them with loot. They have different modifiers and objectives, such as increased husk health, limited ammo, timed waves, and more.
- Added a new questline: the Frostnite. This is a winter-themed event that tasks the players with surviving the cold and defending a burner from waves of enemies. The event also introduces new enemies, such as the Frostbite, the Snowballer, and the Ice King.
- Added a new feature: the Collection Book. This is a feature that allows the players to store and manage their schematics, heroes, survivors, and defenders. The collection book also rewards the players with experience, resources, and items for filling it up.
- Fixed some bugs and glitches related to the Storm Shield Defense, the Canny Valley Act 3, the Perk Recombobulator, and the Chat System.
- Added a new feature: the Island Codes. These are codes that can be used to share and access other players’ islands. The codes can be generated and entered in the Creative Hub.
- Added a new feature: the Prefabs. These are pre-made structures that can be placed and customized on the islands. They include buildings, props, vehicles, and more. They can be found in the Creative Inventory.
- Added a new feature: the Devices. These are interactive objects that can be placed and configured on the islands. They include traps, sensors, switches, timers, scoreboards, and more. They can be used to create games and challenges on the islands. They can be found in the Creative Inventory.
- Added a new feature: the Settings. These are options that can be used to modify and control the islands. They include game rules, island permissions, team settings, and more. They can be accessed from the Creative Menu.
- Added a new feature: the Playgrounds. These are unique islands that can be used to practice and test the creative elements. They include tutorials, templates, and examples. They can be accessed from the Creative Hub.
- Fixed some bugs and glitches related to the Creative Mode, the Creative Inventory, the Creative Menu, and the Creative Hub.
You might also be interested in the following gaming news:
- DBFZ Patch Notes: What’s New in Version 1.33?
- Sims 4 Patch Notes December 2023: What’s New And Fixed?
Fortnite 28.01 is a significant update that brings a lot of new content and features to the game. The update adds a new weapon, a new item, a new vehicle, a new location, and a new component to the Battle Royale mode.
We appreciate your interest in our website! Make Gameempress.com your go-to site for gaming information.