Atari and Plaion are working together to create a new old-fashioned game console for your home. This new console is called the Atari 2600+. It’s a tribute to the original Atari 2600, popular in the late 1970s and early 1980s. The new version is based on a specific model from 1980.
With this console, you can play games made for the Atari 2600 and the Atari 7800. However, there’s a catch. The console only has 10 games, and you need special cartridges to play more. Unfortunately, this collection does not include well-known games like Pac-Man, Frogger, Space Invaders, and Pitfall!
The old game console has been remade carefully to be like the original, but it’s a bit smaller, about 80% of the original size. The new version of the console has some extra things: it can connect to modern TVs using HDMI, and it works better with widescreen TVs.
The place where you put the game cartridges is made bigger so they don’t get stuck. And when you turn on the console, the Atari logo lights up. The system has a new version of the old Atari CX40 joystick, called the CX40+.
Even though two players can use it, the system only comes with one joystick. But if you want another one, you can buy it for $25. The company also mentioned planning to make a new version of the CX-30 Paddle Controller.
The system comes with a cartridge that has 10 free games in it. These games include Adventure, Combat, Dodge ‘Em, Haunted House, Maze Craze, Missile Command, RealSports Volleyball, Surround, Video Pinball, and Yars’ Revenge.
Atari has a list of other game cartridges that work with the system. If you’re considering buying it, remember that you might need to look for and buy physical game cartridges, which could be challenging and cost more.
See why “Atari 50” is the best collection of video games! It has games you can play from all the important game consoles.
If you remember, Atari, the company that makes video games, released a new version of their old game system called the Atari VCS about two years ago. But not many people were interested in it after the beginning, so Atari stopped selling it.
Instead, they decided to change how they make their hardware (like game systems) and devise a new plan. Now, they’re teaming up with Plaion, and what they’re doing today is probably a result of that new plan.
The new Atari 2600+ will be released all around the world on November 17th, and it will cost $130. If you want an extra joystick, it will cost $25. You can now order this mini-retro system on Atari’s website.
New Trend Themes
1. Better Old-School Gaming Consoles: The Atari 2600+ console mixes old memories with new technology to make games more exciting.
2. Packs of Old Games: When you buy the Atari 2600+ console, you also get a cartridge with 10 games. It’s an easy and money-saving way to play lots of old games.
3. Real Gaming Feel: The Atari 2600+ console comes with the same 2600 Joystick Controller that was famous back then. This makes playing games feel just like it used to.
Here, you can look at our guide about the “PlayStation 5 System Software Beta Features.” We’ll show you how users can get access to them.
How Different Industries Will Be Affected
1. Making Gaming Consoles: Making new and improved old-school gaming consoles like the Atari 2600+ gives companies chances to create products for people who love old video games.
2. Accessories for Old Games: Selling the same joystick controller that came with the original Atari 2600 lets companies sell to people who enjoy playing old video games the way they used to.
3. Creating Games: Releasing the Atari 2600+ with 10 old games in one cartridge means game makers can make and sell more old-style games to be played together.