This weekend, there will be a beta version of Payday 3 to try out. The goal is to make sure the servers can handle a lot of players before the official game comes out on September 21st.
If you tried the special beta version of the game earlier this year, there won’t be any new content for you. But now, more people can play, so if your friends want to join, invite them!
Here’s how you can try out Payday 3 early on Xbox and PC, and I’ll tell you when it begins and ends. Even though Payday 3 will be available on PlayStation 5 later, right now, you can only test it on Xbox and PC.
Payday 3 Open Beta Release Date and Time
Payday 3’s open beta starts on Friday, Sept. 8. Here are the launch times for different regions:
- 7 a.m. PDT – North America (west)
- 10 a.m. EDT – North America (east)
- 4 p.m. CEST – Western Europe
- 3 p.m. BST – U.K.
- 11 p.m. JST – Japan
Just like with beta versions of games, you might encounter wait times and problems with the game’s servers when trying to find matches and play. There will be two specific times when they’re really testing the servers (you can find those times and dates later on this page). So, don’t worry if things don’t go perfectly. You can play the game all weekend if you run into any issues.
Payday 3 Open Beta End Date and Time
The open beta ends on Monday, Sept. 11. Here are the closing times for different regions:
- 1 a.m. PDT – North America (west)
- 4 a.m. EDT – North America (east)
- 10 a.m. CEST – Western Europe
- 9 a.m. BST – U.K.
- 5 p.m. JST – Japan
If you’re in the Americas or Europe, you’ll have until Monday morning to play. So don’t miss this chance to join the heist!
Payday 3 Open Beta: How to Get Access?
Unlike the previous test version, anyone can try out Payday 3’s new version without needing to pre-order, sign up, or get special keys.
Here’s how you can do it:
- If you’re using a PC, go to the Payday 3 page on Steam and click ‘Request Access.’ The game will show up in your library soon.
- If you’re playing on Xbox, first, get the Xbox Insider app. Then, go to the previews section and choose Payday 3.
Please remember that you can only download the game once the test version is available. There’s a chance that Xbox access might be limited, so if you want to play on Xbox, start the download as soon as possible.
What’s Included in the Payday 3 Open Beta?
The Payday 3 open beta has:
- One heist
- Four heisters
- “Most, but not all, weaponry and cosmetics”
- Infamy level cap of 22
Some important things to know about the beta test are:
- The version of the game in the beta is the same as the one from April, but the full game has gotten better with performance, gameplay, balance, design, and quality improvements since then. So, when the game releases on September 21, you can expect it to be different from the beta.
- There’s no tutorial available in this beta, but there will be one in the full game to help you learn how to play.
- Your progress in the beta won’t carry over to the full game, and there are no rewards for participating in the beta.
- There are a few known problems in the beta, like friends not always showing up on your friends list, weapon prices sometimes taking the wrong amount from your in-game inventory, and some lighting issues on Xbox.
- You’re allowed to record and share your gameplay from the open beta.