Warhammer Darktide is a co-op action game set in the grim and dark future of the Warhammer 40,000 universe. The game, which was released in August 2023, lets players team up with up to three friends and fight against hordes of enemies, such as cultists, mutants, and daemons.
The game is available on PC (Steam and Microsoft Store) and Xbox Series X|S and supports Xbox Game Pass. But does the game also help crossplay? Here is everything you need to know about Warhammer Darktide crossplay.
Is Warhammer Darktide Crossplay?
The answer is yes, but only partially. Warhammer Darktide supports crossplay between PC platforms, meaning that players who are using Steam or Microsoft Store can play together online.
However, Warhammer Darktide does not support crossplay between PC and Xbox platforms, meaning that players who are using PC cannot play with players who are using Xbox, and vice versa. This is a limitation that has disappointed some fans who were hoping to play the game with their friends who are using different platforms.
Why Does Warhammer Darktide Not Support Crossplay Between Pc and Xbox?
The developers of Warhammer Darktide, Fatshark, have not given a clear or official explanation for why the game does not support crossplay between PC and Xbox platforms. However, some possible reasons could be:
- Technical difficulties: Crossplay between PC and Xbox platforms might require more work and resources to implement and maintain, especially considering the different hardware and software specifications and requirements of each forum. Crossplay might also introduce some issues or bugs that could affect the performance and stability of the game.
- Balance issues: Crossplay between PC and Xbox platforms might create some balance issues or unfair advantages for some players, especially considering the different input methods and controls of each forum. For example, players who are using a mouse and keyboard might have more accuracy and precision than players who are using a controller, or vice versa.
- Design choices: Crossplay between PC and Xbox platforms might not fit the vision or the style of the game that the developers had in mind. For example, the developers might have wanted to create a more immersive and authentic experience for the players, and crossplay might break the immersion or the atmosphere of the game.
Will Warhammer Darktide Support Crossplay Between PC and Xbox in the Future?
The answer is maybe. The developers of Warhammer Darktide have not confirmed or denied the possibility of adding crossplay between PC and Xbox platforms in the future.
However, they have said that they are listening to the feedback and suggestions of the community and that they are working hard to improve and update the game. Therefore, there is still some hope that crossplay between PC and Xbox platforms might be added in the future, but there is no guarantee or timeline for when or if it will happen.
You might also like to know about if these other games are cross-platform or not:
- Is 2K24 Crossplay? Unlocking Next-Gen Gaming Possibilities
- Is Gang Beasts Crossplay? Unleashing The Ultimate Multiplayer Mayhem
How Do You Turn Crossplay on or Off in Warhammer Darktide?
If you are playing Warhammer Darktide on PC platforms, you can turn crossplay on or off in the game settings. To do so, follow these steps:
- Launch the game and go to the main menu.
- Click on the Options button and go to the Gameplay tab.
- Find the Crossplay option and toggle it on or off, depending on your preference.
- Click on the Apply button and return to the main menu.
If you are playing Warhammer Darktide on Xbox platforms, you can also turn crossplay on or off in your Microsoft account settings. To do so, follow these steps:
- Go to the Settings app on your Xbox console and select Account.
- Select Privacy & Online Safety and then Xbox Live Privacy.
- Select View Details and Customize and then Communication & multiplayer.
- You can play with people outside of the Xbox Live option and toggle it on or off, depending on your preference.
- Return to the Settings app and launch the game.
Stay connected with GameEmpress.com to get the latest news and updates about the gaming world.