Cities Skylines 2 is the sequel to the famous city builder game Cities Skylines, which was released in 2015 and received numerous updates and expansions over the years. The sequel, which was announced in June 2023 and launched in August 2023, aims to improve and expand on the original game with new features, mechanics, and content.
The game allows players to create and manage their cities, from planning and zoning to transportation and services, while also dealing with various challenges and scenarios.
Cities Skylines 2 has received positive reviews from critics and players alike, who praised its realistic and detailed simulation, its creative and flexible tools, and its vibrant and dynamic world.
However, the game also faced some criticism and feedback, especially regarding its performance issues, its lack of content compared to the original game, and its need for more polish and optimization.
The developers of Cities Skylines 2, Colossal Order, have been listening to the community and working hard to improve and update the game. They have also revealed their roadmap for the upcoming planned content coming to the game in 2023 and 2024. Here is what we can expect from the Cities Skylines 2 roadmap.
Cities Skylines 2 Roadmap
Free Updates and Patches
The priority for Colossal Order is to fix the bugs and glitches that the players have reported and to improve the performance and stability of the game. They have already released several patches and hotfixes since the launch of the game, addressing some of the most common and urgent issues.
They have also been communicating with the players on the Steam forums and the official Discord server, providing updates and feedback on the development progress.
Colossal Order has also promised to add some free features and content to the game based on the suggestions and requests of the players. Some of the free updates that have been confirmed or hinted at are:
- A new map editor will allow players to create and share their custom maps with different terrains, climates, and biomes.
- A new scenario editor will allow players to create and share their custom scenarios with different objectives, conditions, and events.
- A new animal-themed expansion will add more wildlife and pets to the game, as well as new buildings and policies related to animal welfare and conservation.
- A new weather system will add more variety and realism to the game, with different weather patterns, effects, and disasters.
- A new traffic management system will improve the AI and behavior of vehicles and pedestrians and add more options and tools for the players to control and optimize their traffic flow.
Paid DLCs and Expansions
In addition to the free updates and patches, Colossal Order has also announced several paid DLCs and expansions that will add more content and features to the game. These DLCs and expansions are part of the Ultimate Edition of the game, which includes the base game and the Expansion Pass.
However, they will also be sold separately for those who only have the Standard Edition of the game. Here are the paid DLCs and expansions that have been confirmed or hinted at:
- The San Francisco Set, which is a pre-order bonus for the Ultimate Edition of the game, adds some iconic landmarks and buildings from the city of San Francisco, such as the Golden Gate Bridge, the Transamerica Pyramid, and the Coit Tower.
- The Beach Properties Asset Pack, which is expected to hit sometime in 2023, adds some beachfront properties and assets to the game, such as hotels, resorts, villas, and marinas.
- The Modern Architecture Content Creator Pack, which is coming in Q1 2024, adds some modern and futuristic styles and assets to the game, such as skyscrapers, towers, domes, and arcologies.
- The Urban Promenades Content Creator Pack, which is coming in Q1 2024, adds some environmentally friendly and pedestrian-oriented styles and assets to the game, such as parks, plazas, walkways, and bike lanes.
- The Bridges and Ports Expansion, which is coming in Q2 2024, adds more depth and complexity to the game’s bridge and port systems, such as lighthouses, ferries, cargo ships, and marine industries.
Radio Stations and Music Packs
Another type of content that Colossal Order has planned for the game is the radio stations and music packs, which add more variety and flavor to the game’s soundtrack and audio.
These radio stations and music packs are also part of the Ultimate Edition of the game, but they will also be sold separately for those who only have the Standard Edition of the game. Here are the radio stations and music packs that have been confirmed or hinted at:
- The Deluxe Relax Station, which is coming in Q4 2023, adds some soothing and relaxing music to the game, such as ambient, chillout, and lounge genres.
- The Soft Rock Radio, which is coming in Q1 2024, adds some mellow and melodic music to the game, such as pop, rock, and indie genres.
- The Cold Wave Channel, which is coming in Q2 2024, adds some dark and atmospheric music to the game, such as synth wave, electro, and industrial genres.
You might also be interested in the following gaming news:
- Gta 5 The Bahama Heist Mod: Experience The Thrill Of The Ultimate Heist In The Bahamas
- Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3 Season 1 Release Date: Unleashing The Next Chapter Of Warfare
Modding and Workshop Support
One of the most important and popular aspects of Cities Skylines 1 was its modding and workshop support, which allowed the players to create and share their custom content and features for the game, such as buildings, assets, maps, scenarios, mods, and more.
Cities Skylines 2 also supports modding and workshops. Colossal Order has been working with some of the most talented and experienced modders and content creators from the community to ensure that the game is mod-friendly and compatible.
Colossal Order has also provided some tools and resources for the modders and content creators, such as the Asset Editor, the Modding API, and the Modding. They have also been encouraging and promoting the modding and workshop scene by featuring some of the best and most popular mods and content on their social media and official channels.
We appreciate your interest in our website! Make Gameempress.com your go-to site for gaming information.