There’s a new analysis out there that analyzes the UK’s entertainment industry in 2022. It’s a good read if you’re curious about the interconnections between various forms of entertainment media. There’s a ton of information on last year’s games and hardware, including some specifics on Sony’s first-party offerings.
- Sale of Hogwarts Legacy Art Book and Game Guide
- The Finals Release Date Speculation, Beta Version, Platforms, and Gameplay
With a total of 670,617 units sold across physical and digital platforms in 2022, Sony’s God of War Ragnarok was the best-selling PlayStation game in the United Kingdom. That makes it the sixth-best video game of all time. Unusually for the software industry, about a third of those copies came from the PlayStation Store.
The plots of Gran Turismo 7 and Horizon: Forbidden West are remarkably similar. The former was eighth overall and sold 530,454 copies, with 22.8% of those coming from digital downloads. The latter book ranked 12th and had 42.2% of its 356,630 copies sold via digital channels. There are just three games in last year’s top 20 sellers for which the vast majority of copies sold were physical copies. We attribute at least some of this to the console bundles.
In case you were wondering, 2022 saw FIFA 23, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2, and Elden Ring as the top-selling video games in the United Kingdom.
GOD OF WAR RAGNAROK has sold 11 million copies to date.
It is the fastest selling PlayStation Studios release in history. pic.twitter.com/lH2DnsGVsI
— The Game Awards (@thegameawards) February 1, 2023
Many Other Fascinating Figures
- In 2022, the typical retail price for a packaged video game was £36.47. In 2022, the typical price for a digital game was $15.
- PlayStation Store accounted for 39% of all digital sales in the UK in 2016. Only Steam (50.5%) of the UK digital software market is larger, thus it comes in at a close second.
- While selling fewer units than Nintendo’s Switch last year, the PS5 nonetheless managed to earn 43% of the UK hardware market’s total value thanks to its 780,000 unit sales.
We have concluded all the relevant information about the God of War Ragnarok Becomes UK Best-Selling First-Party Game of 2022. Keep in touch with us here for more latest news and information.
Frequently asked questions
Will God of War Ragnarok be on PS4 Plus?
Ivan Tom. PlayStation Plus Premium members may now try out God of War: Ragnarök thanks to Sony.
What quality is God of War Ragnarok PS4?
The standard PlayStation 4 version of "God of War: Ragnarok" runs and looks fantastic. The image is extremely clear and crisp, thanks in large part to the brilliant use of high dynamic range colors. My eyes did not notice any noticeable frame drops even during the most hectic action situations. Really, I didn't think what I was seeing.