RPG enthusiasts were overjoyed to hear that a Japan Studios classic, The Legend of Dragoon, would be joining Sony’s PlayStation Plus lineup in February. In 2000, the turn-based game was made available on the first-generation PlayStation, where it enjoyed moderate popularity.
Although only 1.3 million people have played the game, its devoted fanbase has been shouting its praises for the past 23 years. As PlayStation didn’t do much to improve The Legend of Dragoon (aside from a conversion to the PS3/PSP more than a decade ago), the fan community did everything themselves, including retranslating the game, remastering it, and adding a set of achievements.
It’s great to see PlayStation releasing the game for PS4 and PS5, making it available to millions more players, after all the hard work these fans put into making the game more appealing and accessible to players new and old.
The icing on the cake is that Sony has gone through the trouble of creating a The Legend of Dragoon trophy list, even though trophy support is not guaranteed for PS Plus classics.
Sony’s The Legend of Dragoon features a rather easy trophy list, as is typical for the company’s PS Plus Classic releases for the PS1 and PSP. It’s safe to assume that the point of awards for these games isn’t to force players into a more difficult or completionist playthrough but rather to get them to go back and enjoy some classics they may have forgotten about.
The majority of trophies in TLOD are earned through acquiring new party members, advancing the plot, and vanquishing bosses. There aren’t many that aren’t required, such as finding collectibles, stockpiling gold, or defeating optional boss monsters.
Please find below the PlayStation 3 trophy list for The Legend of Dragoon:
- The Almighty Dragoon – Get all trophies
- Dragoon Spirit Master – Reached Dragoon Level 5 with each playable character.
- Addition Master – Maxed out every Addition for each playable character.
- Mini-Game Master – Win each Mini-Game in Lohan, and on Queen Fury.
- Dragon Slayer – Defeat the Ghosts of all 3 Dragons in Mayfil
- Beast Master – Find and defeat every enemy.
- Early Master – Lavitz performed Flower Storm.
- Moon and Fate – Defeat Melbu Frahma and finish Chapter 4.
- Fate and Soul – Finish Chapter 3.
- Stone Collector – Collect all Stardust throughout the game.
- Platinum Shadow – Finish Chapter 2.
- Fall of an Emperor – Defeat Emperor Doel.
- Serdian War – Finish Chapter 1.
- Bargain Hunter – Purchase the Gold Dragoon Spirit.
- Magic Trick – Defeat Magician Faust in the Tower of Flanvel
- Bad Dog! – Defeat Kamuy.
- Rest in Peace – All Dragoon Spirits were defeated in Vellweb.
- Soul Eater – Defeat Polter Armor at Fort Magrad.
The Legend of Dragoon includes trophies on PlayStation Plushttps://t.co/sM6pWjpMNE
— Eurogamer (@eurogamer) February 21, 2023
- Spiritual Healer – Cured Shana using the White Silver Dragoon Spirit.
- Spirit of Jade Dragon – Defeat Greham and Ferybrand.
- Night Watch – Survived the night raid in the Town of Hoax
- Beginning of The Legend – Started your adventure.
- Goodbye, My Friend – Say goodbye to a close friend at Hellena
- Fallen Ally – Defeated Fruegal but lost a close friend.
- Dragon Block Staff – Defeat the Grand Jewel at Kadessa and take the Dragon Block Staff
- Winner by Default – Reach the Final Round of the Hero Competition without winning a single Battle.
- Magic Item Master – Reach over 200% with Multi Items 10 times
- My Hero – Rescued Shana from Hellena Prison. St. Louvia – Defeat the Ghost Commander on the Phantom Ship.
- Death Frontier – Find your way out of the desert.
- Power of Dragoons – Use the Special Command.
- Goodbye, Again… – Defeat Zackwell and ascend to the Moon That Never Sets
- Shrine of Shirley – Answer Shirley’s questions correctly.
- Dragoon Master – Use a Five Hit Combo with a Dragoon 25 times
- The Tests of Fate – Finish the 6 solo battles.
- You are a Nerd – Master Double Slash before leaving the Forest.
- It’s a steal! – Pay nothing for the Water Bottle.
- Destiny 2 Lightfall Changes: A New Era of Gameplay!
- Sons of the Forest Early Access: Launches on Steam Announced by Endnight Games
We hope you have found all the relevant information about The Legend of Dragoon Trophies Now Available on PS Plus.
Frequently asked questions
Will Legend of Dragoon have trophies?
There are 47 trophies in Legend of Dragoon, including the highly desired platinum, and they're all story-related.
Was The Legend of Dragoon a success?
That's a tough one, because The Legend of Dragoon was a huge hit for a brand-new IP on a PS1 that was already saturated with its genre. Over 2 million copies were eventually sold worldwide, mostly in the West.