In celebration of the Overwatch 2 x One Punch Man crossover event and balance tweaks, Blizzard has released the mid-season patch for all platforms. The update also introduces revised weekly challenges, fresh team bundles, and other matchmaking tweaks.
From now through April 6th, players may take on new challenges to unlock free theme skins for One Punch Man heroes like Mumen Rider and Genos. They may also get the Legendary bundle, which includes Saitama: Doomfist, Terrible Tornado: Kiriko, and Genos: Genji, to round up their hero collection. Many heroes, including Zarya, Hanzo, Ashe, Sojourn, and Orisa, have been nerfed or buffed in addition to modifications to weekly challenges.
Below, you’ll discover the official patch notes for the Overwatch 2 midseason 3 update, including information about the new One Punch Man event.
Don’t Miss This Opportunity to Play the Best Game Around:-
- Robocop Rogue City Gameplay Trailer Brings the Heat With Brutal Action
- Will GTA 6 Hold Back Parts of the Game for DLC, Insider Reveals
Overwatch 2 Mid-Season Patch
Introducing the brand-new Overwatch League Team Skins
There are brand new Overwatch League team skins available for use. Dress your heroes in the skins of your favorite teams to show your support for the likes of the Seoul Infernal and the Vegas Eternal.
Package Deals for Groups Currently On Sale
You may now buy team bundles! Throughout the Overwatch League season, hero skin packs featuring three heroes will be released to the Overwatch League marketplace. Bonus team-themed Weapon Charms are included with the purchase.
Distance Attenuation for Enemy Footsteps Modified
The Season 3 patch notes were missing an update about a change made to the distance at which player footfall may be heard by enemies. We’ve been working hard to find the sweet spot between Season 2 and the state it was in before the latest patch, and we think we’ve got it.
Discipline Checks Every Week
- To the Winners… – 15 Wins in Unranked or Competitive has been removed.
- There is now a new challenge called “Casual Devotion” that requires players to achieve 15 wins in Unranked play.
- Competitive Advantage – Complete 10 games in Competitive mode has been added as a new challenge.
- There are still 11 total challenges required to acquire all available Overwatch Coins.
- Coin Line: Five Arcade Game Victories has been removed.
- Change of Pace: Win 5 games in Mystery Heroes, Free-for-all Deathmatch, or any Arcade mode added as a new challenge.
- ‘Role Mastery’ is now ‘Win 5 games in Quick Play or Competitive Play as 2 different roles’
- Drop from 12,500 to 10,000 for “Support Weapon Mastery”
- Decrease from 10,000 to 8,000 in “Support Ability Mastery”
The State of the Round-End Challenge
During the game, the player’s progress on challenges will be displayed, along with a graphic representation of the remaining work that must be done to complete the challenge.
Current Scoreboard as of Game’s Conclusion
- We are recording each player’s final statistics at the conclusion of the game and keeping them on the tab scoreboard for future reference. Originally, a player’s name and stats would vanish as soon as they departed a game.
- We corrected an issue that caused large groups to wait in line for significantly longer than expected.
- The matchmaker will give preference to groupings in which the difference in ratings between the highest and lowest player is almost the same.
- We implemented changes that should shorten the time spent in the Unranked wait and improve the quality of matches in the Competitive mode.
Competing Heroes from the Shadows
- Addition of Mysterious Heroes to the Game’s Competitive Mode
- The premiere date for Season 1 is March 14!
Modernized Layout for Competing Screens
The tier legend, leaderboard, and competitive progress screens can now be accessed directly from the Competitive Play menu.
Rank Changes in the Top 500
If you’re in the top 500 players, you’ll now see an animated snapshot of where you stand on the leaderboard after every game.
Changes to Our Favorite Heroes
Invasion of the Terra
- Hack can now be used to halt Terra Surge.
Developer Comment: Terra Surge is a channeled ultimate that acquires the same properties as Fortify, making it immune to most abilities. Even though this makes perfect sense for stuns, Sombra’s Hack interrupts no longer causes Terra Surge to be wasted.
- When you are in Nemesis Form, using Annihilation will restore your enhanced defenses.
Leaving Nemesis Form before using the Annihilation ultimate completely reverted the increased defenses that Nemesis Form provided, as noted by the developers. As part of the maximum activation, the health of the armor is now automatically reset.
- Instead of the cooldown beginning at the beginning of the ability, Chain Hook now begins when the ability concludes.
- The delay before using Chain Hook is now only 6 seconds.
It’s a collaboration of heroic proportions 👊
— Overwatch (@PlayOverwatch) March 7, 2023
We hope you have found all the relevant information about the Overwatch 2 Mid-Season Patch Notes: The Next Evolution in Hero-based Shooters. Stay tuned with us here at Gameempress.com for more latest news and information.
Frequently asked questions
Will Overwatch 2 have old characters?
According to the new guidelines set forth by Blizzard Entertainment (commonly referred to as Blizz), each player must finish 100 matches of Overwatch 2 in order to gain access to all 32 of the returning characters from the game's predecessor.
Are all characters returning in Overwatch 2?
Everyone who has played Overwatch 1 and has their account linked to their primary Battle.net profile is in fine shape: In the beginning, all 35 heroes will be available to you, unless you choose to limit them. Experienced gamers will not be subjected to the new hero unlocking system.