The latest version of Gotham Knights has just been released, and in addition to correcting bugs and other problems, it also adds new content. Although the launch of Gotham Knights wasn’t perfect, the game’s creators are striving to fix it, and the latest update aims to enhance the Batman Arkham Universe-set game.
In 2022, Gotham Knights was released; to put it mildly, it was not the best. The performance of Gotham Knights and the lack of features on consoles were major complaints when it was released. Many gamers have observed a significant improvement in the gameplay experience since the game’s release.
The makers of Gotham Knights recently published an update that addressed many of the problems on PC and platform versions. For the fans’ benefit, the April 27 update to Gotham Knights appears to accomplish the same while introducing new content.
All the modifications, bug fixes, and enhancements included in this new release were recently made public via the Gotham Knights’ official Twitter account. Players will get access to a new Gotham Knights Heroic Assault called The Kelvin Incident, per the updated patch notes.
After unlocking the raid area and completing every side villain task, this additional material will be accessible in the new game plus mode. Along with this inclusion, the update also includes a new gear tier, resources for raid drops, more formidable foes, and new transmogs.
Attention Gothamites – the lastest Patch has arrived with Heroic Assault: The Kelvin Incident and more updates.
🧵 with full notes below:
— Gotham Knights (@GothamKnights) April 27, 2023
The game’s accessibility has been greatly improved in addition to the new content. Players now have access to controller remapping in the game, allowing them to alter their controls in whatever they choose. This option includes keyboards, controllers, and even mice for PC users.
Users who used the Text-to-Speech tool should have a better experience now that it has been updated because it has also been improved. Fortunately for console users, this feature is not another Gotham Knights PC-only one. Thus it will be available to everyone.
Numerous bug fixes and game enhancements were made available to Gotham Knights PC players. The patch notes state that Steam Deck should work better for PC users, that drawing and shadow distance shouldn’t cause any problems when playing with a wide field of view, and that several Heroic Assault levels’ streaming textures should be corrected.
Check out some latest updates and information about your favorite games:
- Disney Dreamlight Valley Latest Update: The Benefits of a Well-Fed Character
- Dota 2 New Frontiers Update Goes Above and Beyond Expectations
The game’s performance has been enhanced thanks to the developers’ remedies for a few sporadic refresh rate issues, crashes related to cross-play in Gotham Knights, keyboard crashes when using the camera roll in photo mode, and several CPU and GPU performance enhancements.
Fans of Gotham Knights who haven’t played the game in a while may want to start it up after downloading the April 27 update because it will improve gameplay overall.
Gotham Knights April 27 Update Patch Notes
Console & PC New Content/Features
- The Kelvin Incident is now available in Heroic Assault! This is a brand-new 15-floor raid that may be accessed in New Game Plus or once the raid area has been unlocked and all side villain quests have been completed.
- There is now mythic gear, a new level of more rigid gear that only drops in the raid.
- Both new, stronger foes and new raid drop items have been added.
- Now available for unlocking are four new batcycle transmogs and a new outfit.
- Remapping of the controller has been put in place. The way that buttons interact with the game can be modified, and controls that must be kept down can sometimes become toggles.
- This functionality works with a PC’s mouse, keyboard, and gamepad.
- Enhancements to text-to-speech: The game supports the screen reader with your device for all text and some menus. Where screen reader assistance was already there, it has been enhanced.
General PC Updates
- Putting in place support for dynamic cloud saves and the Steam Deck keyboard.
- When utilizing higher FOV values, draw distance and shadow throwing have been fixed.
- Fix for the objects’ texture streaming in the Heroic Assault levels.
- A version 1.1 upgrade was made to the XeSS.
- Red Hood’s Mystical Leap should now function correctly at higher frame rates.
- Fixes for a few uncommon refresh rate issues.
- Fix for cross-play STEAM-EPIC matches that kick the user.
Stability & Optimization
- Fix for a rare instance where the default audio device is the PS5 controller.
- Fix for crash when using the keyboard in Photo Mode to access the camera roll.
- Many minor improvements to the performance of the CPU and GPU.
- Text Chat behavior has been fixed when using the PageUp/PageDown keys.
- The Text To Speech function in PC-specific menus has received several updates.
- Conflicts between activity notifications and other on-screen actions need to be fixed.
- Fix the cinematic co-op starting with Photo Mode showing incorrectly.
- The icons for the analog sticks have been modified if you use Direct Input or Nintendo Switch controllers on a computer.