Bungie has decided to shut down the servers the night before the release of Destiny 2: Lightfall in order to make room for the massive amount of new content that will arrive with it. To guarantee a successful weekly reset on February 28, the firm has postponed all platform maintenance for 24 hours.
At 9 a.m. PST on February 27 (the day before the weekly reset), players will be permanently banned from the server. Lightfall’s scheduled release timing of 9 am PST on February 28th means that this maintenance will last for the entirety of that day.
This means that the last week of Season 19 has provided six days for everyone to complete their seasonal material. Read on for a comprehensive rundown of when Destiny 2: Lightfall will be available across the globe.
Destiny 2 Server Maintenance and Downtime Details: when Does Lightfall Come Out?
On February 28 at 9 AM PST, the regular weekly reset time, Destiny 2 Lightfall, will be available. Players may have to wait an extra day or reinstall the game to finish any outstanding objectives after pre-loads were introduced on PlayStation game consoles. Bungie doesn’t want to mess up the debut of such a massive expansion.
you know the annual expansion hype is real when the game hits a new seasonal peak player count in the last two days of the season (Steam)
—Seraph Day 1 Peak: 122,279
—New Peak: 128,692 pic.twitter.com/4ijvusDDZY
— Destiny Bulletin (@DestinyBulletn) February 26, 2023
- India: 10:30 pm (February 27) to 10:30 pm (February 28)
- China: 1 am (February 27) to 1 am (February 28)
- UK: 6 pm (February 27) to 6 pm (February 28)
- Australia: 3 am (February 27) to 3 am (February 28)
- Brazil: 2 pm (February 27) to 2 pm (February 28)
As previously said, servers will be down for the full day. Destiny Tracker, Bray.tech, Light.gg, the Destiny Companion App, the Destiny Item Manager (DIM), and the official Bungie website will all be offline due to the maintenance.
#Destiny2’s updated storage requirements post-Lightfall: pic.twitter.com/aRnKFL3fVE
— Destiny Bulletin (@DestinyBulletn) February 23, 2023
After the servers shut down on February 27th, you’ll be able to purchase pre-loads. Sizes listed below are for each platform before installation.
- PlayStation 5: Install Size: 102.6 GB, and Storage Space Needed for Pre-Load: 102.6 GB.
- Xbox Series X|S: Install Size: 108.59 GB, and Storage Space Needed for Pre-Load: 108.59 GB.
- PlayStation 4: Install Size: 88.21 GB, and Storage Space Needed for Pre-Load: 184.64 GB.
- Xbox One: Install Size: 89.21 GB, and Storage Space Needed for Pre-Load: 89.21 GB.
- Steam: Install Size: 102.60 GB, and Storage Space Needed for Pre-Load: 233.2 GB.
- Epic Games Store: Install Size: 101.51 GB, and Storage Space Needed for Pre-Load: 223.3 GB.
- Microsoft Store: Install Size: 102.13 GB, and Storage Space Needed for Pre-Load: 102.13 GB.
Bungie has recently fixed an issue where PS4 users were given access to pre-installation files ahead of schedule. Although installing Lightfall’s files will prevent anyone from playing until the game’s release, this may be fixed by reinstalling the programme.
UPCOMING DESTINY 2 MAINTENANCE
❖ Update 126.96.36.199
❖ February 27
❖ Start: 8 AM PST (-8 UTC)
❖ Player Removal: 8:45 AM
❖ Log in: February 28, 9 AM
❖ End: 10 AM
More info: https://t.co/48Mjp1cTHz
— Bungie Help (@BungieHelp) February 26, 2023
Bungie will also provide the Destiny 2 community with a detailed blog post outlining the changes introduced in the Y6 expansion.
We will update the article as soon as the official patch notes become available. Remember that the game’s online features won’t be accessible until tomorrow. The full schedule and status of upcoming and ongoing maintenance is detailed here.