Darktide is a cooperative action game set in the grim future of Warhammer 40,000, where you and your friends fight against the forces of Chaos and the Imperium. Fatshark, the creator of the popular Vermintide series, develops the games.
Darktide was released in October 2023 and has received several updates and patches since then. The latest patch, patch 16, was released on December 5, 2023, and brought some new features, balance changes, and bug fixes to the game.
Darktide Patch 16
New Map: The Traitor Curse Part 2
- The patch added the second part of the Traitor Curse campaign, which is a continuation of the story from the previous update.
- The new map is set in a corrupted hive city, where you have to face new enemies, traps, and challenges.
- The map also introduces a new boss fight, where you have to face a mighty Chaos Lord and his minions.
- The map is available for all players who have completed the first part of the Traitor Curse campaign.
New Weapons and Cosmetics
- The patch also added some new weapons and cosmetics for the different classes and characters.
- The new weapons include the Crucis Mk II Thunder Hammer, a powerful melee weapon that can deal massive damage and stun enemies, and the Artemia Mk III Purgation Flame, a flamethrower that can set enemies on fire and create fire patches on the ground.
- The new cosmetics include the Death Korps of Krieg Upperbody, a chest armor that resembles the uniform of the famous Imperial Guard regiment, and the Brute-Brainer Mk III Latrine Shovel. This melee weapon is actually a shovel with spikes and wires attached to it.
Balance Changes and Bug Fixes
- The patch also made some balance changes and bug fixes to improve the gameplay and performance of the game.
- Some of the balance changes include increasing the armor penetration of the Thunder Hammer, reducing the minimum pellet count of the Lorenz Mk V Kickback shotgun, and fixing the attack speed buffs for the Ogryn weapons.
- Some of the bug fixes include fixing a crash that could happen when a projectile was in the air, fixing an issue where the Veteran talent Onslaught did not affect melee attacks, and fixing a problem where the Accatran MG Mk II Heavy Laspistol was not affected by reload speed or attack speed modifiers.
You might also be interested in the following gaming news:
- DBFZ Patch Notes: What’s New in Version 1.33?
- Star Citizen 3.22 Patch Notes: What’s New And Improved?
Darktide patch 16 is a significant update that adds new content, improves the balance, and fixes some issues in the game. The patch is available for all players who own the game and can be downloaded automatically through Steam.
We appreciate your interest in our website! Make Gameempress.com your go-to site for gaming information.