Game Empress
GTA 6

CyberLeek Warns GTA 6 Build Could Leak if Take-Two Tries to Track Them Down

cyberleek-threatens-release-gta-6

CyberLeek has warned Rockstar and Take-Two against trying to track them down, claiming a complete GTA 6 build could be released if the people behind the recent leaks are stopped from checking in.

The warning marks a sharp escalation in a leak campaign that has spent the past several days publishing apparent GTA 6 gameplay. This time, CyberLeek isn’t promising another short video. It claims copies of the game itself are already sitting on drives and servers in multiple locations.

According to Insider Gaming, CyberLeek says the alleged build is currently being kept private through a process that has to be manually cancelled every day. If that daily intervention stops, the group claims the files would be released.

There is still no independent proof that CyberLeek has the complete GTA 6 build or that the release system it describes actually exists. But earlier footage has given some weight to the possibility that someone connected to the operation has direct access to a playable version of the game.

CyberLeek Says the GTA 6 Build Is Already Spread Across Multiple Locations

CyberLeek claims it has had access to the build for some time and has since copied it across drives and servers in different parts of the world.

The unusual part is how the leaker says those copies are being kept offline.

Rather than having to make a decision to release the build later, CyberLeek claims someone must actively cancel its release each day. If the group ever “misses a morning,” it says those cancellations would end.

The setup being described is effectively a dead-man’s-switch-style system: as long as CyberLeek remains in control, the files stay private. If whoever is behind the operation can no longer check in, the alleged release goes ahead.

CyberLeek claims the build could then reach “millions of gamers around the globe” within days, before ending its warning to Rockstar with two words: “tread lightly.”

None of that has been independently demonstrated.

There is no public evidence showing the servers, the supposed automated system or a complete copy of GTA 6. CyberLeek’s statement establishes that the threat has been made, not that the group can necessarily carry it out.

The Warning Comes as Take-Two Tries to Identify the Leakers

The timing is difficult to ignore.

Take-Two has already moved beyond copyright takedowns and is now trying to identify people connected to the leaked GTA 6 material.

On August 20, the company filed subpoenas seeking information from Microsoft and Discord related to alleged copyright infringement. The requests give both companies until September 4 to provide the information being sought.

According to The Verge, Take-Two said it is looking to identify alleged infringers connected to copyrighted GTA 6 material. Xbox CTO Scott Van Vliet has also said Microsoft is working with Take-Two and Rockstar to protect their intellectual property.

CyberLeek’s warning therefore lands while Take-Two is actively following the trail behind the leaks.

The message to Rockstar is essentially that finding and silencing the source would not stop the leak campaign — and, if CyberLeek’s claims are true, could instead cause the alleged build to be released.

There is no indication that Take-Two has changed its approach in response.

Earlier GTA 6 Footage Makes the Threat Harder to Ignore

CyberLeek’s claim of having build access carries more weight because of what appeared in one of the previous videos.

An earlier clip showed Jason Duval flying over Vice City while using the game’s radio interface. Later, the player deliberately fired bullets into a wall until the impacts spelled “LEEK.”

That wasn’t a passive piece of footage that could easily have been pulled from an old internal presentation. The action appeared to have been performed specifically for the leak.

GameEmpress previously broke down the GTA 6 plane footage, radio menu and apparent playable-build access, including why the “LEEK” sequence pointed toward someone having real-time control over the game.

Still, that doesn’t prove CyberLeek has the complete GTA 6 build.

A playable development build could include only certain locations, missions or systems. Nothing released so far demonstrates access to the entire campaign or to the version Rockstar intends to ship in November.

That gap is important because CyberLeek’s latest statement goes much further than simply claiming playable access.

CyberLeek’s GTA 6 Leaks Have Been Running for Days

The current run started on August 18, when apparent gameplay showed Jason playing basketball, fighting NPCs and interacting with several previously unseen systems.

That first release also appeared to reveal a six-star wanted level and was accompanied by alleged Leonida map material. GameEmpress covered the details in its original GTA 6 gameplay leak report covering basketball, the six-star wanted level and Leonida map.

More footage followed.

Another leak showed Jason driving around Leonida at night, using a taser and encountering new vehicle-theft options including “Clone Key” and “Smash Window.” It ended with what appeared to be a story cutscene.

That footage is covered separately in GameEmpress’ GTA 6 Taser combat, car theft and story cutscene report.

The steady stream of videos has made CyberLeek increasingly difficult for Take-Two to contain, with leaked clips being copied and reposted even as copyright removals take them down.

The new threat raises the stakes considerably. Instead of another glimpse at combat, cars or Vice City, CyberLeek is now suggesting that Take-Two’s efforts to shut the operation down could put an alleged copy of the game itself at risk.

CyberLeek’s Full GTA 6 Build Claim Is Still Unproven

For all the attention surrounding the statement, the most important part of the story remains unresolved.

Previous footage gives reason to believe that CyberLeek — or someone feeding material to the group — has access to playable GTA 6 content.

It does not prove the group has the complete game.

It also doesn’t prove that copies are sitting on servers around the world waiting for a missed check-in to trigger their release.

Rockstar and Take-Two have not publicly confirmed those claims.

What is clear is that CyberLeek threatens to release GTA 6 if attempts to identify and silence the operation succeed, putting the leak campaign on a very different footing just days before Rockstar’s next official look at the game.

Grand Theft Auto VI: An Extended Look is scheduled for August 27, while GTA 6 itself is due to launch on November 19, 2026, for PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X|S.

Until then, Take-Two is still chasing the people behind the leaks — and CyberLeek is now warning that catching them could come with consequences far bigger than another gameplay video appearing online.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *